Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Adjustable idler

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Has anyone had experience with an adjustable blower idler with using a catch can? How was clearence and ease of emptying it with it mounted on the front passengerside of the supercharger..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well 2 things, you can do a fender mount. What brand pulley you using? I use griptec without an idler and it doesn't slip

Unholy707

6000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I run a fender mount

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Use a remote mount UPR, I check mine every outing when I’m beating on the car to look for blow by, it’s clean every time I open it except for in the cold where it condenses alcohol out of 85 there will be fluid in it that looks like water, but it’s not it’s alcohol.

IMG_4132.jpeg

Last edited:

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Has anyone had experience with an adjustable blower idler with using a catch can? How was clearence and ease of emptying it with it mounted on the front passengerside of the supercharger..

Remind me to get pictures when I get home.

I have a JLT mounted in that area with a Bwoody Idler.

It's a bit wonky IMO but isn't kinked and works fine. Collects some if I'm out beating on it good. Not alot. Couple tablespoons maybe after several outings. I empty it when I get bored so it really varies. Sometimes there's nothing there at all.

It's also a hair tight in that area and you better empty it after it cools off because once it gets up to temp. Good luck gripping it and maneuvering it without burning yourself on either the catch can or the idler.

OP
Octanewide

Octanewide

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Remind me to get pictures when I get home.

I have a JLT mounted in that area with a Bwoody Idler.

It's a bit wonky IMO but isn't kinked and works fine. Collects some if I'm out beating on it good. Not alot. Couple tablespoons maybe after several outings. I empty it when I get bored so it really varies. Sometimes there's nothing there at all.

It's also a hair tight in that area and you better empty it after it cools off because once it gets up to temp. Good luck gripping it and maneuvering it without burning yourself on either the catch can or the idler.
Ok thanks I'd appreciate it.
I'm thinking of going fender mount..