Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Jailbreak Charger HC Shift Stutter at WOT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Hey guys I got 5500 miles on my 2023 hellcat charger. The car has been awesome. But I’ve noticed this one underlying issue that I think I may need to address while the vehicle is still under warranty. So this is what happens basically every once in awhile when I’m doing a pull at WOT whether I’m in manual mode or automatic. So say I’m in riding on the highway at 65 and step on it. Say like 1/30 pulls or so it happens.. so while the Rpms are rising during wot all of a sudden say like 85 mph it’s like the car is confused it does this thing where it almost seems like it doesn’t know whether it wants to shift or hit a rev limiter that it shouldn’t be hitting at that speed. So essentially the car falls on its face it doesn’t shift the gear off and then obviously I need to let off the gas and then I can shift into 4th easing the throttle. I’m thinking it’s got to be something with the computer maybe it needs to be flashed or something. Has anyone heard of this happening it’s different than a shift hiccup it’s more of a stutter and no shift. Almost like you think the engine exploded lol but nothing at all happens to the engine or transmission and 97 percent of the time short shifting or it shifting automatically at peak Rpms it’s like butter the way it’s supposed to be. But like I said every once in awhile it does this stutter thing which has me a little concerned naturally. It’s done it probably like 20+ times since I’ve gotten the car. Any advice or help would be appreciated. It’s the strangest thing my gut feeling is that it’s something with the computer. Also it hasn’t happened to me for like the last 300 miles and today all of a sudden out of 6 five second pulls on the 3rd pull it did the stutter in 3rd gear somewhere between 5k and 6k rpm is where it likes to do it. I should mention all other 3 cars I owned never did this. My blue 392 my black 19 charger cat and my Redeye never had any stutter whatsoever.