Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hello everyone my names nate I recently purchase a “full” hellcat swap need assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 hellcat redeye WB swapped 2012 300srt8
So I purchased a redeye swap originally through eBay was listed for 21k seller wound up canceling the order and refunding my mo ye cause he was so called an aware of eBay taxing system to seller and buyer wich I did not care he clearly did so I flew out to Texas and bought the entire swap and has a car hauling service tow it back to my home state I swapped everything from a 2022 hellcat redeye charger to my 2012 Chrysler 300 “srt8” original chasi now everything went smoothly until we got to the computer part and the programming it seems the seller was a bit of a sticky hand man and couldn’t just send the honest computer so we noticed the RF hub the swap came with was to a differnt car so I called dealer and purchase a brand new RF hub the car/swap came with 3 keys 1 redeye red key 1 redeye black key all oem and strange part came with a black srt key now we tried programming all 3 keys swap came with even tried programming a whole another key to another redeye hellcat my friend owns nothing can anyone give me insight please what to try next only reason I’m not thinking dealership cause they might look at me like I’m crazy tryna bring in a 2022 Chrysler srt8 hellcat redeye 😂 😂 😂 knowing it’s original warranty’s clearly voided ect another important question what is everything computer in the car that I would need to purchase brand new to make this bassicly a brand new system so I won’t have any problems programming a new or my OEM exsisting keys and just want to say I’m new as member here but always read your forums when i have a basic question but unfortunately this isn’t basic I have about 50k into this swap and need to get to the bottom of it before spending anymore money considering idk if the motor will start or not old previous owner states the swaps been pulled and sat in his garage for a whole year in parts so maybe was thinking that’s why the keys aren’t programmed anymore to the pcm can anyone please help me asap thanks everyone and drive safely IMG_9838.jpeg IMG_9307.png IMG_2583.jpeg IMG_6443.jpeg IMG_3623.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sorry, I had a hard time reading

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
Dealership is going to be your best bet. They don't need to look at it as a 300, they will look at it as an incomplete RE, sell you the parts you need and program them to work (if you have a qualified and caring technician of course).
Welcome to the forum.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 F150 Platinum Whippled
I tried to beat the first wise guy to the punch, missed it by 7 minutes. lol

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I tried to beat the first wise guy to the punch, missed it by 7 minutes. lol
At least the sentence is running… on. ;)

Anyway, should be a great swap when the bugs are worked out. Welcome to the forum

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome!

...and yeah, that was a lil rugged to read but I've seen multiple swaps like that from SRT Autoworks here in AZ and they might be able to help...?

https://www.srtautoworksaz.com/

SilverBillet

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
At least the sentence is running… on. ;)

Anyway, should be a great swap when the bugs are worked out. Welcome to the forum
I wonder if he talks without pauses…

Last edited:

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
yoda.jpg

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
you may also need to go talk to someone like Khal_SRT on youtube.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
So I purchased a redeye swap originally through eBay was listed for 21k seller wound up canceling the order and refunding my mo ye cause he was so called an aware of eBay taxing system to seller and buyer wich I did not care he clearly did so I flew out to Texas and bought the entire swap and has a car hauling service tow it back to my home state I swapped everything from a 2022 hellcat redeye charger to my 2012 Chrysler 300 “srt8” original chasi now everything went smoothly until we got to the computer part and the programming it seems the seller was a bit of a sticky hand man and couldn’t just send the honest computer so we noticed the RF hub the swap came with was to a differnt car so I called dealer and purchase a brand new RF hub the car/swap came with 3 keys 1 redeye red key 1 redeye black key all oem and strange part came with a black srt key now we tried programming all 3 keys swap came with even tried programming a whole another key to another redeye hellcat my friend owns nothing can anyone give me insight please what to try next only reason I’m not thinking dealership cause they might look at me like I’m crazy tryna bring in a 2022 Chrysler srt8 hellcat redeye 😂 😂 😂 knowing it’s original warranty’s clearly voided ect another important question what is everything computer in the car that I would need to purchase brand new to make this bassicly a brand new system so I won’t have any problems programming a new or my OEM exsisting keys and just want to say I’m new as member here but always read your forums when i have a basic question but unfortunately this isn’t basic I have about 50k into this swap and need to get to the bottom of it before spending anymore money considering idk if the motor will start or not old previous owner states the swaps been pulled and sat in his garage for a whole year in parts so maybe was thinking that’s why the keys aren’t programmed anymore to the pcm can anyone please help me asap thanks everyone and drive safely View attachment 145179 View attachment 145180 View attachment 145184 View attachment 145185 View attachment 145186
I don't think a dealership would help you at all.
I definitely think you need an experienced Tuner for Hemi's and a shop that also has experience in the Hellcat swapps. I think the PCM, TCM may need to be re programmed after the time sitting.

72 440 Barracuda

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome to the forum, I would say my first thought is looking at full swap harness - something like a hellephant retro harness...
Of course the question then, is how to integrate it into the 300 harness wiring and body...

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I thought I've read on this very forum that a Hellcat swap is easy and can be done in an afternoon, using only a spatula and a hand mixer?

72 440 Barracuda

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Look at the Roadkill 68 Charger - swapping in a Hellcat...
I looked at everything they had to swap to get it to work...
IMG_9270.jpeg IMG_9271.jpeg

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Perhaps he's trying out as a replacement for the Hickster ??

I thought I've read on this very forum that a Hellcat swap is easy and can be done in an afternoon, using only a spatula and a hand mixer?
Nahh, you need zip ties, ratchet straps + a serving spoon & fork too !

2ndAmend

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I tried google translator and still didn't understand the OP. Sorry, can't help 'cause I don't hablar.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
It's a Philly thing, I've listened to enough foreign accents.....I got it.

OP
Natethegreat88
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Give me a break I got big fingers 🤣 I always hit 3 buttons at once and have a million task bars open on my phone cause I been going crazy trying to figure out if I can just buy new computers or what my final step is here so it’s lagging like crazy and sometimes I don’t catch the mistake and I don’t use auto correction cause that thing can be even worse then what you would of originally typed 😂 again sorry I shoulda proof read like my mother use to tell me

OP
Natethegreat88
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
I don't think a dealership would help you at all.
I definitely think you need an experienced Tuner for Hemi's and a shop that also has experience in the Hellcat swapps. I think the PCM, TCM may need to be re programmed after the time sitting.
Correct they wouldn’t even take the car I called today

OP
Natethegreat88
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
H
Welcome to the forum, I would say my first thought is looking at full swap harness - something like a hellephant retro harness...
Of course the question then, is how to integrate it into the 300 harness wiring and body...
ave a 2022 hellcat charger body harness I swap entire car into the 300

OP
Natethegreat88
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
you may also need to go talk to someone like Khal_SRT on youtube.
He’s Danm near famous now how would I get that kind of opportunity 😂 but I bet he would know the answer I feel like it’s cause I bought the new rf hub from the dealer and it was never programmed to the vin of the car

Status
Not open for further replies.